Saturday 16 January 2010

Christmas







I left London on 21st December and due to a short delay, it meant I missed the connection flight from Nairobi to Harare. This meant having to stay in Nairobi the night and missed Alistair's 25th party which was a shame! Anyway, they did put us in a 5 star hotel and had a good afternoon of swimming and sitting by the bar drinking Tuskers with some other stranded passengers. I always find it interesting who you meet on flights. On this occasion, a member of the famous 'Leakey' family who discovered human archaelogical remains in Kenya/Tanzania; the president of Cambridge Uni rowing club, Tony Blair's right hand man, and Emma's ex's brother!

Last Christmas I swore I would never fly Kenya airways again, however, I did, and alas, our bags got stranded at the airport for a couple of days. Nairobi airport must be the worst airport I have ever been to! Disoganized, crowded, hot, delays, lost baggage......

Anyway, finally got back home, and we went to Ruwa to Cathy and Alistair's farm for Christmas eve which was really enjoyable.

Christmas day was at our house, where we had a late supper/lunch, followed by Boxing Day at our house with the Brown family, our longtime family friends. 27th at Roger and Nona's for the 60th, and 28th we went to Mozambique!

No comments: