Sunday 1 February 2009

Christmas break/Oxford semester 2

Going back to Zimbabwe for Christmas was great-I arrived on the 22nd on a flight delayed flight from Nairobi and had Matthew Williams 21st the next day. It was really good fun, except for the fact that I drank a bit too much before having to make a speech!!

Christmas was spent at Ruwa which was really enjoyable and then I went to Kariba for new year. I stayed in the Mvurwi chalet and was good fun catching up with friends after a long time away in the UK.

2009 came, and I decided to do some rowing training; a bit of sculling on Mazowe dam and also weights and rowing. I did a half-marathon with Sarah and Kevin at Old Georgians which was exhausting, and had a bit of a knee problem during the run.

I played a lot of squash whilst back home and went to many braais and drinks parties which was really enjoyable and good to see so man friends again. Been asked to join an Antarctica expedition in 2012 which sounds exciting, will have to see??

I got back to the UK on Thursday and have settled down in my house, and ready to start a new semester which is going to be tough with lots of finance modules, but am looking forward to it.

Watching the super-bowl final now, and saw the Australian open final today which was incredible.

No comments: