Sunday 23 November 2008

weather!

My coldest day ever!! woke up at 7 am, for training and, very reluctantly got out of my warm bed to bike down to the sports centre-on the way I thought I was not going to get there, as it was, by my reckoning minus 10 degrees celsius, ice everywhere and I just had a fleece on and a pair of gloves. It literally felt as if the wind was like a knife, cutting away at my face! Anyway, finally got to the boat house to rig the boats up (we went to Bristol yesterday for another head race) and were told we were to do an outing! Once moving in the boat, however it warmed up and was pleased to be put in the top boat-wow, what a difference! I take quite a keen interest in the Oxford-Cambridge boat race, and read that for every stroke of the 600 stroke race, 2 hours are spent training for it!! that is dedication!

Ergo tomorrow morning at 7.30am.

No comments: